The Student News Site of Grant Community High School

The Bark

The Bark

The Bark

Polls

What do you think is the biggest environmental problem?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Sinister Horrors

Experience the true meaning of fear.
    Fright+Fest+is+a+great+place+for+friends+Ryan+Buchenberger+and+Kaitlyn+Carpenter+to+be+terrified+together+
    Photographer: Carrera Frazier-Ortegel
    Fright Fest is a great place for friends Ryan Buchenberger and Kaitlyn Carpenter to be terrified together

Fright Fest is considered a must for any Halloween lover, in fact 14 out of 15 students say it is a must. Fright Fest is a Six Flags seasonal event that consists of Scare Zones, Haunted Houses and Rides in the Dark. Another option for those seeking a good scare are any of these highly rated local haunted houses “Abandoned Haunted House Complex”, “Dungeon of Doom Haunted House”, and  “Realm of Terror”.

Six Flags Fright Fest admission comes with a regular day pass.  A haunted house pass is an additional cost, it’s not required for any of the scare zones or shows. Many students including Freshman Evelyn Vasey say that Fright Fest is a fun time by itself even without the haunted houses.

“It’s definitely worth the cost especially if you’re into that kind of scary Halloween”

— Evelyn Vasey

. Although Fright Fest is fun on its own. The haunted houses are still a great experience, especially with their new additions of “Saw X’ and “The Estate”. Both are a terrifying addition to the park.

Abandoned Haunted House Complex located in Mt. Pleasant WI. This haunted house is an in your face haunted house. Abandoned Haunted House Complex also has 3 different attractions,“Ambush Haunted House”,“Hysteria Haunted House”,“Stalker Haunted House”. Each tells a different hair raising story that will for sure keep you on your toes. From classic jump scares to illusions that play tricks on your mind. No matter what you crave the Abandoned Haunted House Complex can for sure fill any need for adrenaline.

Dungeon of Doom Haunted House located in Zion IL. Anyone who’s ever been always says it’s a great time is one of the top 5 haunted houses in the state. This haunted house is considered more intense than most. Dungeon of Doom has many different attractions, including their newest “The Sanctuary”. Each one has its own story and scares to keep you on your toes at all times. This spine chilling attraction also has ax throwing. With an extra $5 to your trip you can experience this fun add on. Dungeon of Doom Haunted House

Photographer: Carrera Frazier-Ortegel
    Photographer: Carrera Frazier-Ortegel
    Photographer: Carrera Frazier-Ortegel

e will definitely make it a night to remember.