The Student News Site of Grant Community High School

The Bark

The Bark

The Bark

Polls

How does School Spirit affect you?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Spain and France

Spanish Dept.
Spanish bulldogs in Spain

In order to get to go on this trip you would’ve needed to have taken a Spanish or French class last year to attend. The reason the classes are going is so that they can practice their language and learn more about the culture of their respective countries. There were twelve students attending the France trip and 26 for Spain. The cost for the France trip was around $4,000 according to Mrs. Wilds and $4,800 to Spain according to Mrs. Lesprance. They flew out on Friday March 22nd and returned the following Saturday. They flew
from O’Hare to Madrid and Paris respectively. The France crew traveled to Paris, Normandy, ST Malo, and Loire Valley.

The Spain crew traveled to Madrid, Toledo, Granada, Mijas, Ronda, Sevilla, and Cordoba. Mason Davis was one of the Spain Travelers and here’s what he was looking forward to the most. “Seeing the history firsthand, walking on the Moorish Streets, and especially Toledo since it’s like a medieval city.” Some of the notable sightseeing’s in France were Napoleon’s final resting place, seeing famous art pieces, walking along Omaha beach, the monastery of Mont St. Michel, seeing where Leonardo da Vinci is buried, Gothic Chartres Cathedral, and many more. Here are some from the Spain trip, the Medieval Synagogue, El Greco’s painting in the Church of Santo Tome, seeing treasures in the Gothic Cathedral, the windmills of Consuegra, the Medieval Moorish streets of the Albaicin neighborhood, stunning views from Mirador de San Nicolas, Sightseeing tour of Alhambra, and many more. Some of the activities involving the culture of the countries include a painting lesson in Paris, France.

Students got to learn how to cook some delicious dishes in Toledo, Spain; and also learn why they use certain ingredients. Spanish Students got to learn one of Spain’s most enduring traditions, flamenco dancing, in Granada Spain. Overall, I’d say the students in Spanish and French had a great time and seemed to have learned more about the language they’re studying and why the cultures are the way they are.

French Bulldogs at the Eiffel Tower