The Student News Site of Grant Community High School

The Bark

The Bark

The Bark

Polls

Do you believe you have low self esteem?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Looking Back On The Past

Seniors reflect in their memories throughout their four years at Grant
Diego Delgado

Familiar hallways, the laughter with friends, and the sense of belonging that comes with being part of Grant’s community. The little moments, like cheering at pep assemblies, late-night study sessions, and even the free days in gym class, create lasting memories and deep
attachment to school. Towards the end of your 4-year career, the negative things pass right by and the only things left are the blissful moments. Mason Davis, a senior at Grant, has been involved in multiple activities including ending his senior year on the Grant volleyball team. Mason has realized “There are some friends that [he] know[s] that are moving across the country for college and [he’ll] probably never gonna see them again.” Even through the struggles of losing friends after high school, Mason focuses on the positive aspects of college like the fact that “[he doesn’t] have to wake up at 6 am every day to do math class at 7:50 am”. Throughout life but it’s how a person overcomes those struggles that
builds character. Similarly, Abby Schiller, a senior at Grant, will be studying music at college. Abby expresses that “[she is] gonna miss the community here at Grant. [she thinks] it’s enjoyable and [she’s] made a lot of best friends here in clubs and classes” Not only does Grant’s environment help create student-led activities to help students engage with each other, but Grant also brings students together with the student and teacher relationships. Abby looks forward to ending her high school career with many flourishing relationships, but she is ecstatic to see what the future has in store. Memories build up and are cherished for a lifetime; growing apart from friends is an experience that will happen continuously. Learning to overcome these obstacles is what trains the mind to grow stronger. It’s amazing how much seniors grow and change during high school. The relationships they develop along the way play a crucial role in shaping who they become. From close friendships to mentors and teachers, these connections provide support, guidance, and lasting memories. As they graduate, seniors can reflect on the bonds they formed and carry them into the
next chapter of their lives.