The Student News Site of Grant Community High School

The Bark

The Bark

The Bark

2024 Prom Trends

Student’s giving their ideas on what the “go-to” look will be this year.
Rosely Castenda
Prom preparation: Senior, Sydney Palladino explains what she does to find the perfect dress for her last high school dance. “I went to the dress shop, looking for an open back and a slit,” says Senior. Finding the right dress takes patience and time. Sydney knew what she wanted in her dress and searched until she found it.

Prom Prep
With prom season 2024 coming to a close, the trends took control of the dresses this year, adding more detail to everyone’s look. While prom brings people’s attention to the food and the music playing at the dance. There is a lot of preparation that needs to happen months before prom. Things like finding the perfect dress.

Inspiration
Fashion is essential in today’s society. A few favorite celebrities in-spired many prom dress styles and details for this year’s prom. From long sequined mermaid dresses to spring floral dresses, there are so many different options and styles to choose between.

Details
Every year there is a new set of trends and different styles for prom dresses. For Prom 2024 the fashion brought corset tops, sequined dresses, bright colors, and cutouts in the dress. “While shopping for my dress I saw a lot of open backs, slits, along with different textures,” said senior Sydney Palladino. With all of the styles being slightly more bold
than in previous years, they were great at grabbing people’s attention.