The Student News Site of Grant Community High School

The Bark

The Bark

The Bark

Polls

Which horror movie is the right fit for you?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Grant Community High School Adopts E-Hallpasses

How Students and Teachers Feel about the Change

Grant Community High School has recently changed from paper passes to the E-Hallpass. The E-Hallpass enhances school security by administering hall passes online.

Many people have mixed feelings about the new change to the school. Some students think that it’s too complicated, and many people want to go back to paper passes for convenience. Some people even think that there was no purpose for adding the E-Hallpass and that it didn’t impact the school at all. But that’s just simply not true. It was added to increase the security of the school and the safety of the students while in the classroom.

Many students have negative opinions about the E-Hallpass. Braden Otahal, a senior, likes paper passes more than the E-Hallpass. Braden stated,  “Paper passes are more convenient than the new E-Hallpass because I think it is a waste of time. There are many times that I have seen people filling out a pass, and they end up filling out a pass for about 5-10 minutes.” Payton Evans is a junior, and he prefers the paper passes to the E-Hallpass. He said “I would like it if we went back to the paper passes because the teacher could just quickly write out a pass, and give it to you. I appreciate that it is for the protection of the students and they added it for the right thing.”

Teachers and students have different opinions on what they think about the E-Hallpass. Ms. Bicknase, the freshman biology teacher, prefers the E-Hallpass. “I think it’s very beneficial for people if there is an emergency and they need to know where someone is.” Charles the security guard says,  “I like that it makes the security of the school better and makes it easier to see if someone is out in the halls.”

The E-Hallpass has changed the way hall passes work in the school. According to interviews, teachers prefer the E-Hallpass to the paper passes, and students prefer paper passes to the E-Hallpass.