The Student News Site of Grant Community High School

The Bark

The Bark

The Bark

K9 Connections

Unleashing your passion for pups
Alysse+Sutschek%2C+Carrera+Frazier-Ortegel%2C+Cheryl+Trevithick%2Cand+Austin+Hammond+holding+the+K9+Connection+sign+right+before+walking+through+the+homecoming+parade+
Tony Trevithick
Alysse Sutschek, Carrera Frazier-Ortegel, Cheryl Trevithick,and Austin Hammond holding the K9 Connection sign right before walking through the homecoming parade

Dog lovers unite in a club run by Mrs.Trevithick to build knowledge and make a difference for dogs. Mrs.Trevithick started a club in 2020 called Canine Connections which was made to bring students together and to build friendships over a common love for dogs. This club prepares students to be more responsible dog owners for the future. Club members meet every other Wednesday from 3:10-4:00 in conference rooms A and B. “I heard a number of students talking about how they would like to see or get their dogs in school,” says Canine Connections club director Mrs.Trevithick. Some of their upcoming events include their first Fido Festival Adoption/Fundraising Event on April 20th, they took a trip to WAG to learn about the C.G.C (Canine Good Citizen) test, which is a 10-skill test that teaches responsible dog ownership and good manners to dogs,  and many more fun events.

“Uniting fellow dog lovers, teaching them to be more responsible, and create a better bond with dogs”

— Cheryl Trevithick